Welcome to Shivas the guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to use skill cubes and def/str cubes

2 posters

Go down

How to use skill cubes and def/str cubes Empty How to use skill cubes and def/str cubes

Post  IHealNeo1377 Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:29 am

There are a lot of new players always asking: what do I do with a cube or a stone? So here's what you need to know:
Skill cubes: Take a skill cube plus 2 matching skill cards and combine them.
Defense Cubes: Combine Defense cubes with Outfit; Shoes; Helm; Gloves; Boots; Shield.
Strike Cubes: Combine with your weapon or weapons if you are a duel wielder.
Trilly has a post on the forum as to probabilty of breaking cards or gear when plussing.
To combine items: Open your inventory. Unequip whatever item you are combining. Click the combination option in inventory screen, then drag and drop items into the box. You can only do one cube at a time. Keep in mind that gear and cards may break.
Stones: Stones are equipped at the Soul Crafter. You do not have to be wearing the gear of what you are stoning, however if you are stoning what you are wearing, you do not need to unequip it, nor do u need to unequip your pet's gear or pull it out of unit card to stone it. What stones should you use? Ask a higher lvl of the same class as you for advice on that ?. I can only suggest for spell singer strength and vitality, and for priest mainly int, but add some vit and str as well.
Stone levels are as follows: 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, etc. Yes, that means you will restone ur r2 equipment when you are lvl 40, and you will begin r3 equipment with lvl 40 stones and switch them when you are lvl 60. The best stones are the ones that drop in the dungeons. Those add higher stats.
Stones cost rupees to socket in your gear, and need to be recharged at soul crafter with laks.

Written by:
IHealNeo1377-82 priest
CrazyTamer-40 spell singer
IHealNeo1377
IHealNeo1377

Number of posts : 11
Location : Coral north of Rondo-big house nice stable for my pets
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

How to use skill cubes and def/str cubes Empty Re: How to use skill cubes and def/str cubes

Post  StealthMaster Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:53 pm

On stones you got fore each lvl 3 kinds of rareness. Those are basic, rare and epic.

Basic
Can be dropped by all none boss mobs outside dungeons.
For lv 20 this stones give +1 and for lv 40 +3 and for each 20 lv's another +2 added.

Rare
Can be dropped bye boss mobs outside dungeon and by normal dungeon mobs.
For lv 20 this stones give +3 and for lv 40 +5 and for each 20 lv's another +2 added.

Epic
Can be dropped by dungeon mini-bosses and dungeon bosses (not 100% sure on this tho).
For lv 20 this stones give +5 and for lv 40 +7 and for each 20 lv's another +2 added.

I always use rare type because they are not to hard to get like epic type and it's prety much better then basic type.

Last edited by StealthMaster on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Making it look better)
StealthMaster
StealthMaster

Number of posts : 16
Location : Coral the smaller house of the two, just NW of IHeal's house (the bigest of the two).
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

How to use skill cubes and def/str cubes Empty Re: How to use skill cubes and def/str cubes

Post  StealthMaster Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Regular Cubes
If you are using stike/defence cubes you can savely get to +3 with regulars, +4 is a little risk of breaking your item and yo +5 there is an even bigger chance of breaking it. My experience is that 1 on 5 breaks on +4 and about 1 on 2 on+5. This is the odds I allways use for myself. But I heared others that are less lucky then me and break 1 on 2 on the try to +4. So nothing sure about the odds it's luck(and not the kind of luck you see in characteristics).

Ancient Cubes
With ancient you can get savley to +5. And i heared people say the odds for +6 and +7 can be compared to the odds of +4 and +5 with regulars. Still luck is most inpotant.

E-Repair
If you happened to try out you luck and your item broke ther is a way to get it back. That way is buying a E-Repair and combine it withthe broken item. E-Repairs are very expensive so better not try out your luck to much on stuff you realy don't want to break.

E-Protect
Another way to mkae sure you dont break your item is to ise an aditional thing on combining. That is the E-Protect, these are less expensive then E-Repairs but you will lose them on succes and failure. Not only the E-Repair will be lost but also the Cubes.

Skill Cubes
Skill cubes are different from the other cubes. First thing is combining with skill cube is never 100% save. Second thing is card that break will disapear and be lost for ever. Last thing is E-Protects don't work with them.
My advise is only try combining cards if you can miss them or when they are cheap. If you have a skill that you realy need to have higher then +1 I would recommend try to buy the card on +2 or what ever you desire. And if they are not for sale try to have atleast a +1 on reserve when you try combining yourself and use ancient cbes expecially when trying to combine the more expensive cards to +3 or higher.
StealthMaster
StealthMaster

Number of posts : 16
Location : Coral the smaller house of the two, just NW of IHeal's house (the bigest of the two).
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down