Welcome to Shivas the guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So you have decided to be a priest?

3 posters

Go down

So you have decided to be a priest? Empty So you have decided to be a priest?

Post  IHealNeo1377 Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:18 am

Ok, so u want to be a priest and need a little help with skilling and playing ur class?
This is how i am lvl 77 with lvl 9 blessing of.... all buffs and jlvl 37:
I deleveled ALOT. Highly recommend it if u want to put that kind of dedication into your character. When I was a mere Cleric, I didn't focus at all on the attack skills. I leveled them to 1 or 2; but focused on my heals, buffs, defense and attack passives. Oh and resurrection as well. You do not need to have all of your skills maxed to job change. I wanted my buffs and such maxed to help me get higher buffs faster. Then I job changed after I obed (yes I highly recommend obing a priest with as weak as we are). However, when I job changed I found out, you need magic attack passive level 11 to lvl your buffs when u change to a priest, so u have a clue I didn't have. Now, not only do you need m. att. lvl 11, but u get to up the blessings ever 5 job levels starting at job lvl 15. So, I upped a buff, did 5 job levels, and upped another buff, upped 5 jlvls, and upped a buff, etc. til i had lvl 9 buffs. I haven't spent much on shining buffs; they aren't as important, and just help eat mp; mp regen skill is lvl 5 to assist me as well as my tank in dp, and the cm in the dp. Don't focus on Mass skills til all other buffs are maxed.
Now as far as heals, yes level them up. Rapid Healing is great in sticky situations. Do your best not to use the high level heals in a dp though. Keep a low lvl heal in your hotbar. Right now I use restoration 6 with healing lvl 2 and just keep using healing lvl 2 until the person needing healed is up to par. I also use my blue pixie to help heal and for the mp regen unity. Huge excellent help with a blue pixie in a dp; if u want to use another pet when farming go for it. I have a sally I fight with, but I recommend orcs to fight with. I fight beautifully with an orc. A yeti is great for u to farm with also because it can tank.
I also have level 9 passive defense at this point (Who are we kidding? We know how weak we are!). My attack passive is only 11. With my salamander which is 9 levels above me, that works for me. If you don't have a high level pet, go ahead and upgrade passive attack a little more.
Now my main focus is job leveling. I need 3 job levels to finish maxing my buffs as well as all my other skills anyway. After all my blessings are maxed, heals are maxed, and shinings are maxed, and attack and defense passives are maxed, I plan to max mass mp regen skill (I never turn it off-even if i am just farming!). When those are maxed, then I plan to just play around and say eenie meenie minee moe and lvl whatever i hit.
Now at r3, I have nearly 7300 mp in a dp. How do I have that much? I have a +2 Blessing of Intelligence card, so with the buff, I get extra mp. I have a level 40 Red Pixie on my belt which with her belt skill, adds mp to me. I use 2 +12 rings. And last stones. Use intelligence stones. Honestly, I use intelligence, vitality, and strength stones. Yeah, we need a little strength boost and vit boost for fighting outside the dungeon.
I haven't used a mace since r2. I use staff only even for fighting, because i am cheap. Quick potions when fighting in field are an excellent help. Spell Potions are excellent, but I forget about them alot. They cast heals and buffs and res faster. I use p. defense earrings.
Now let's cover who gets what buffs. In a dp, and only dp, use blessing of... int, and vit on u, as well as shining armor. On your tank, you will cast int, vit, str, shining armor, and shining weapon. On a dm class, cast vit, int, wis, and shining weapon. All others get vit, str, shining weapon, and shining armor. Unless they ask if they may have int. If u see there mp line going down, cast int. on them. Oh and a huna class, they get int automatically because of their buffs. Pets- your bp if u have one (hopefully) u only need to cast int, vit and shining armor on them, same as on u. All other pets but RP get vit, int, and wis, and shining armor and weapon.
Now here is the big key on dping: Your tank's hp and ur hp come first. You are the primary people in a dp. All others are secondary. I sacrifice party members to save myself and my tank. The others get healed after you and the tank. Who cares if someone is yelling heal me heal me!!!! Without your tank, you will have serious problems. Without you, your party will crumble. You just tell the others, if you can't handle the tank being primary, I'm sorry. You want to keep everyone the best you can but things happen. Believe me things happen.
Now in the field, i don't use int rings there. I use a vitality ring and a strength ring. I don't need as much mana there. Also I keep my yeti on my belt when I farm. His belt skill adds defense.
Please feel free to ask any other questions you have for me to this post. I will check it regularly.
Guide written by IHealNeo1377-lvl 77 priest; Crazy Tamer-spell singer
IHealNeo1377
IHealNeo1377

Number of posts : 11
Location : Coral north of Rondo-big house nice stable for my pets
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

So you have decided to be a priest? Empty Re: So you have decided to be a priest?

Post  RID Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Very very interesting Rolling Eyes
RID
RID

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

So you have decided to be a priest? Empty Re: So you have decided to be a priest?

Post  Lenari Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Wow Iheal - what a read! Smile
I will have to have pen and paper for this lol.
Thankyou so much for spending the time to help us out.
How many pets do you have on your belt at anyone time? If I can only have one which one would be the best for me to have?
Is it any use for me at lvl 72 to delvl? what is the difference to me farming something at a lower lvl and getting less jp's and exp. for it than me not delvling and fighting higher lvl's and getting more jp and exp.?

Lenari

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 am

It's IHeal. I had to start another account. I'll post why in another post. But anyhow, no no sense in deleveling now. You have already job changed, and you're going to pick up a lot more jp per lvl now because it takes longer to gain all the exp you need to lvl up. I gain a few hundred thousand jp per level at this point.
Best for you on your belt is RP/BP in a dp for the boost to ur int and on the field, that's your decision. When I farm I either put my orc or my yeti on my belt. All depends if I want a boost in str or a boost in vit. I don't use skills when I fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenari Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Hey Iheal. So is it better to delvl before you job change? Is that what you are saying? Thankyou for the tips on the pet for my belt - Will have to save big time to have a choice Smile

Lenari

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum